Thursday 17 June 2010

Mobius Dress

Woah there!

Hello.

Maybe I think too much (read: need to get out more ... or at all), but it seems that we are taking a step backwards. Please note that this is me speaking from my own observations and experiences, of course. Despite having a somewhat negative connotation, stepping backwards in this case is rather delightful!

The fascination with technological advances will never cease, but things made by hand, from scratch is rare and thus, we cherish it. Think handmade, sculpted little pieces of art, jewellery for example. I promise this post was not written to brag about my latest (and final one for a little while) film camera purchase... but more and more people are taking up film photography. For me I felt it necessary because I was taking advantage of the auto setting on my digital cameras, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this - not that it is a bad thing, but click click click, no learning in the process.

OK, thinking-aloud session over.

One of the best dresses I have ever laid eyes on - the Mobius Dress by architecture duo Meejin Yoon and Eric Howeler, of MY Studio/HY Architecture. Personal architecture heroes, too. Conceptual, thoughtful architecture, installations, experimentations ... blurring and breaking down boundaries.


I apologise for the sporadic updates! I promise to be less rambly, too ha ha. More architecture-related things up ahead I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.